Perfect for businesses that want a secure, private, any-to-any network connection over the Internet. Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) provides fast, reliable performance with high data delivery and low latency. Not to mention a unified platform, pricing flexibility and bandwidth to grow.
What is a VPN?
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) delivers point-to-point connections across a private or public network such as the Internet. A VPN client uses special TCP/IP-based protocols, called tunneling protocols, to make a virtual call to a virtual port on a VPN server.
In a typical VPN deployment, a client initiates a virtual point-to-point connection to a remote access server over the Internet. The remote access server answers the call, authenticates the caller, and transfers data between the VPN client and the private network.
To emulate a point-to-point link, data is encapsulated, or wrapped, with a header. The header provides routing information that enables the data to traverse the shared or public network to reach its endpoint. To emulate a private link, the data being sent is encrypted for confidentiality. Packets that are intercepted on the shared or public network are indecipherable without the encryption keys. The link in which the private data is encapsulated and encrypted is known as a VPN connection.
Why Select Virtual Private Network?
There are many reasons why you should consider VPN. Among those reasons, the ability to access to network resources when not physically on the same LAN (local area network) through a secure connection. VPNs are great for securing and encrypting communications when using an untrusted public network. VPN also provides an affordable alternative to other more expensive networks.
Benefits of VPN?
- Security: By connecting to the Internet through VPN tunnel, the network data are all well encrypted and secured by the VPN standard, all information are very safe from attack’s eyes.
- Cost Savings: Some organizations prefer to use VPN to setup multiple remote locations as a virtual local network to save the cost to rent dedicated internet connections. The maintenance of establishing LAN connection through internet VPN is very low comparing to some traditional dedicated line solutions.
- Remote Workers: Enterprise like to provide VPN connections to employees who work from home or from outside during the business travels just like they are virtually sit in the cube of office buildings, VPN increases productivity in business environment and becomes the most popular method for remote work requirements in corporation network.
- Sharing Information: VPN is often used to connect multiple offices in different locations or countries to share the same documents or files around the world in a secure and cost down way.
- Network Anonymity: Through VPN people can surf the websites in complete anonymity. Comparing to the web proxy method or special IP hiding software, VPN allows users to access internet in 100% anonymous way from any software or application installed in the computer system.